1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explorer left pane not showing for Windows 2000 machine

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jeeviz, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeeviz

jeeviz Thread Starter

I have a problem where the left pane of the windows explorer bar is greyed out and it shows nothing. The right pane however works fine.

I have seen the article in relation to how to fix this problem on a Windows 95 and 98 machine but not a Windows 2000 machine as the registry key mentioned does not exist in Win2k.

Any idea anyone ?

2. cherrydrop

cherrydrop

3. Slithy Tove

Slithy Tove Guest

If you have not already done so I would urge you to apply W2K SP3 - it contains ALL the W2K fixes released to date. It may solve your problem - and is worth doing even if it doesn't.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/91374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice