1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows explorer needs to shut down

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by trilapis, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trilapis

trilapis Thread Starter

i keep getting this message when i turn on my laptop. no matter what application i open it gives me the same message. i have nod32 antivirus and lavasoft ad-aware. one more thing. when i want to reboot the computer freezes. i have to force the shutdown.

thank you very much

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Hello Welcome to TSG Forum

What I am going to have you do is very touchy and what is needed is the WIndows install disks for the laptop. Basically laptops are special and there are files that are needed for this. I am going to suggest that you do a repair-install of your operating system and since this is a laptop and they are so special I am going to do something that I normally do not do and ask you to call the manufacturer of the computer and have them take you thru a repair-install of the software for Windows. A repair-install is a non-destructive re-installation of WIndows and in this case should be done with someone that knows the computer.

3. trilapis

trilapis Thread Starter

thank you for the answer. i thought i could do this by myself but seems like the machine is smarter :) i will be difficult cause i bought the computer from another country but i hope the it manager at work will help...thanks again.

can you handle one more question? :) i have an m-audio audiophile soundcard, connected via firewire. i have it since february and even now it doesn't work properly. it plays for like 3 melodies and after it just stops. i installed the latest driver and still getting the same problem. do you know what i can do?

thank you so much

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice