Windows explorer non responsive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bcoop

Recently I have been having trouble with windows explorer. When I open up explorer it expands on my default drive but when I click another drive or folder, explorer hangs and becomes unresposive. I need to usually bring up task manager and end the task. I notice in task manager that the processor is at 100% capacity during this time. Other programs open and run normally. Any thoughts anybody?

Maybe your drive is failing and has some bad sectors where the directory area is located.
You should get a disk examination tool and do a surface check. Windows' Scandisk is not recommended. Google up something, or try Spinrite or HDD regenerator. If you get reports about bad sectors, replace your HDD asap, because bad sectors tend to multiply with time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online