windows explorer problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iankoning

Hello im Ian and i have a problem (not a drinking problem :p)

Today i encoutered the virus Smithfraud wich turned my computer in a popup maniac creating shortcuts on the desktop, and even sets the words VIRUS ALERT! next to my clock.I fixed the virus but now i got an other problem my explorer closes,opens,closes,opens non stop.I have Windows XP SP 2 home edition.I tried everything to fix this problem because i really dont want to format my pc (if i really must i will use a backup-program).
I tried CHDSK,i tried to add explorer.exe to the DEP service, i tried to fix it with windows repair 2007,spyware doctor,avg,counter spy and zone-alarm, i checked my boot procces at msconfig, i tried system recovery (wich remarkebly did not help) and then i tried ComboFix.exe wich helped for an hour or so but after the hour my explorer was closing and opening again.When the explorer closes and opens i hear a *pop* sound, the same sound when you plug a device in, in the bottom right of my screen i have a security-alerts windows sign (the red sign with the white cross) but i turned firewall and automatic updates off at the control panel, but if i click on the icon at the bottom righ it says that they are on, wich is strange because it doesnt look like spyware or something.
So im really desperate for help here i hope one of you guys got the perfect solution for this, all suggestions are welcome.

Here is my hijackthis log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 21:48:43, on 10-10-2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\SBCSSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor\WUSB54GC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Kinderpedo\Bureaublad\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koppelingen
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Binaries\MSCONFIG.EXE /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [L4EMfuqu5f] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\zglitcrs\fktehcja.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Lokale service')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Lokale service')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Netwerkservice')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online