1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows explorer problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by iankoning, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iankoning

iankoning Thread Starter

Hello im Ian and i have a problem (not a drinking problem :p)

Today i encoutered the virus Smithfraud wich turned my computer in a popup maniac creating shortcuts on the desktop, and even sets the words VIRUS ALERT! next to my clock.I fixed the virus but now i got an other problem my explorer closes,opens,closes,opens non stop.I have Windows XP SP 2 home edition.I tried everything to fix this problem because i really dont want to format my pc (if i really must i will use a backup-program).
    I tried CHDSK,i tried to add explorer.exe to the DEP service, i tried to fix it with windows repair 2007,spyware doctor,avg,counter spy and zone-alarm, i checked my boot procces at msconfig, i tried system recovery (wich remarkebly did not help) and then i tried ComboFix.exe wich helped for an hour or so but after the hour my explorer was closing and opening again.When the explorer closes and opens i hear a *pop* sound, the same sound when you plug a device in, in the bottom right of my screen i have a security-alerts windows sign (the red sign with the white cross) but i turned firewall and automatic updates off at the control panel, but if i click on the icon at the bottom righ it says that they are on, wich is strange because it doesnt look like spyware or something.
    So im really desperate for help here i hope one of you guys got the perfect solution for this, all suggestions are welcome.

Here is my hijackthis log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 21:48:43, on 10-10-2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\SBCSSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor\WUSB54GC.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Kinderpedo\Bureaublad\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koppelingen
    O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Binaries\MSCONFIG.EXE /auto
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [L4EMfuqu5f] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\zglitcrs\fktehcja.exe
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Lokale service')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Lokale service')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Netwerkservice')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice