Windows Explorer refreshes 5 secs after right clicking file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CreativiTimothy

Hello. I'm new to this forum so I hope this is under the right thread. I wasn't sure it fell more under Windows 10 or virus, but I do not know if I have a virus or not so I chose Windows 10.

Anyways, whenever I right click on a file in Windows Explorer, Explorer refreshes within 5 seconds and I'm unable to click any of the context menu options in time before it disappears. I uploaded a video showcasing the problem here:

As you can see, the desktop refreshes along with Windows Explorer. I heard that if you had a slideshow background or turned on or have on "Windows automatically choose an accent color for your background", you might get problems. However, all I have already is a picture background and Windows accent color choosing off. The refreshing problem happened 5 days ago and I have never touched the apperance settings. I think it could be a virus or a context-menu problem. I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this. Thank you!

It's not Windows Explorer crashing, because you'd also lose the Taskbar at the bottom if it was. Looks more like the context menu is being cancelled and the desktop then refreshing itself with F5 or something.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online