Windows explorer views.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Leetemp

Anyone know how to permanently disable/remove the explorer bar pane in windows XP explorer. I have been searching for 2 hours and can not find a answer. If i press the x it goes but next time i open a window it is back thanks Lee

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
At the top click View > Explorer Bar, and uncheck everything in the drop down list.

Leetemp

I tried that it go's but next time i open the window it is back and i have to do it again i just want it to stay disabled. Is there a reg key that controls it?

Registry Settings

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

On the Right Pane .. REG_DWORD Value "WebView" to "0" without quotes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online