1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WIndows Explorer WOnt Launch from Task Bar

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wwe9112, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wwe9112

wwe9112 Thread Starter

OK, so in my webroot Secure Anywhere program I keep getting w32.bamital.gen it wont seem to leave when I delete it from there. I decided to download MalwareMalbytes I ran it, deleted or whatever, what it said was bad. I rebotted, and now when I pin My Computer or anything there like my documents, etc. it says It may have been deleted removed or renamed; however I can still open it by holding windows key hitting e. Also from start menue. What's going on?

2. GregDavis

GregDavis

Hi wwe9112,

This is Greg from Webroot Support.

If you have not already done so, please restart your computer in Windows Safe Mode with Networking, launch SecureAnywhere and choose "Scan My Computer." If any threats are detected, SecureAnywhere will alert you to the threats that were found and it will then try to remove the threat. If it is unable to remove the threat, it may direct you to restart again and another scan will automatically begin again. Please try running the scan in Safe Mode with Networking and if you still have the same problem, follow the steps below to easily submit a Support ticket.

1. Restart Windows into normal mode.

2. Launch SecureAnywhere and then click on the "Help & Support" link in the left corner of the window. This will bring up our Support site.

3. In the left column under "Product Support" select Open A Support Ticket. Enter the email address that you used when you registered Webroot SecureAnywhere.

4. Fill out the form and then select "Send to Webroot Support." What this will do is automatically grab the log files from your computer and send them to Webroot for evaluation. You will then be contacted and given instructions on how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Greg

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice