1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explorer Won't Transfer Blocks of Files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AsheJoe, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsheJoe

AsheJoe Thread Starter

Transfering the contents of the My Documents folder to an external hard drive using XP's Window Explorer is beginning to drive me crazy.

It never fails; The file transfer process starts, but at some point a single, solitary file is not absolute perfection, and the entire file transfer process stops dead in it's tracks. All because one solitary and insignificant picture file (or other file in the My Documents folder) is less than stellar in it's perfection.

Is there any type of setting / procedure / third party program that will allow me to transfer files onto an external hard drive without all the hassle ?? So far, the only reliable way I've discovered to do this is to boot from a Ubuntu Linux LIVE CD, and transfer the files that way.

Thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

I use "CobianBackup" to do exactly what you desire. It regularly runs faultlessly. Another often recommended program is "Karen's Replicator," which I also use to copy my primary backup files to a second XHDD so that I have two backups, as one Moderator insists is the only sensible "way to fly." I use "Replicator" in the second instance because my primary backup XHDD includes system backups as well as data files backups.

{redoak}

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice