Windows Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AJ 1

Hey guys.....

I've been having a problem for some time now, and I have no idea what is causing it or how to get rid of it. Sometimes when I go into Windows Explorer to view files, I'll get an error message. I haven't been able to figure out what certain directories cause the error, but it does seem to happen more often when I go into a folder that has some sort of video files in it. I don't necessarily have to click on anything in the folder, I just get the error about 2 seconds after I get into the folder. Here is a screen capture of the error I'm getting.

Another thing that I think is kind of strange is this. If I'm in Firefox or Internet Explorer or any other program, and I go to save a file, and it requires me to go into that folder to save something, I don't get that error, everything works fine. I find that strange because in all actuality, I'm still opening that folder, just through another program.

I'm sure I don't have any virii, adware, or malware. I've just finished doing a complete scan of my system for both. I also don't have any of the peper problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

Make sure that folder that brings up this error is not set for thumbnail view. See if that solves the problem for you.

Have you installed any new software recently (possibly drivers, or other programs)? Do you notice any other strange behavior with the system other than this message? Do you always get the same exact message or are there variations each time? Have you changed any hardware in the system recently?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online