1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows failed to start...A recent hardware error. BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mikeinstloui, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikeinstloui

mikeinstloui Thread Starter

Hi guys.

First off..I am sorry if this has been posted before. I have seen it on Google with different suggestions that people said didn't work.

I don't have my computer to work on so I have to use my work computer to type this.

Last night I started my Toshiba Windows & laptop and it went to the screen that says that Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause..

Options of Launch Startup Repair (recommended) vs Start Windows Normally are given.

I use the first option and it ends up with a black screen and a bigger than normal white arrow cursor that responds to the mouse and that's it.

I use the second option that shows the Windows logo loading up normally then right to the BSOD.

I went to safemode and turned off the auto restart. To summarize, the error message in the BSOD said Unmountable_Boot_Volume.

At the bottom it said STOP; 0X000000ED, (0xFFFFFA8004C86CD0, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000185, then two 0xlots of 0's repeated twice.

I tried to go to a previous restore point with no luck

I saw that there was a BSOD help section but didn't know how to use it since I can't get my laptop to start.

I would be grateful if someone knows where to direct me or any advice or if any additional information is needed.

Thanks!
    Mikeinstlouis

2. Lance1

Lance1

3. mikeinstloui

Will do..and thanks!

4. mikeinstloui

I had a death in my family and I have been unable to work on my laptop. I tried to use the disc as described above. I got to the command prompt, & I typed list volume, but I couldn't see a hard drive in there, it just looked like it had some kind of a removable drive and the hirens CD. That's all I could find. I can boot into safe mode just fine but I can't get anywhere past there. Hopefully this makes sense.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice