1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Failed to Start & missing files after MOBO + PS change (clean install)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CoryARamirez, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CoryARamirez

CoryARamirez Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

So; I'm kind of in a very frustrating situation right now. This past week has been absolutely stressful in terms of trying to troubleshoot this problem I've been having with my custom rig. About two months ago my power supply died and in result shorted out and burned one of the chips on the motherboard. Now, I got both parts replaced and all is fine. Everything functions, turns on, and is running smoothly.. except for the fact that 3 out of 5 attempts of booting up my PC it will fail to start and begin "Loading System Files" (the black screen with the white rectangular load bar underneath) and ask to continue normally or run startup recovery, safemode, etc. I have of course tried to use start-up recovery and windows repair from the disc (haven't used the command prompt though - not very knowledgeable on that), but it fails and continues to produce the same error message.

Additionally, every once in awhile the computer will boot up and let me in. The error message isn't consistent. This is where I got lost and am just absolutely confused as I've never encountered a problem like this before. Furthermore, aside from the additional windows failed to start due to a recent hardware or software change message, there are times when it will say certain files or drives are missing (winload, system files, or even the checksum has an error). It's all very mind boggling to me and I'm honestly just out of options and have no idea where to go from here.

Mind you, I do know that when changing or replacing any aspect of a Motherboard a clean install of Windows 7 is required, and I have tried - multiple times. Sometimes; I will get through a full clean install and a couple restarts later the same problem happens. On the other hand, I may get the error message when the machine is restarting during the actual installation.

I have tried installing on a completely new Hard Drive, replacing the CMOS Battery, etc - but none of this has worked yet. Interestingly enough, the problem only seems to happen with Windows 7. I tried Windows Vista and everything 'seemed' to function properly - for whatever that is worth. When I get home from work later in the evening I will try with Windows XP and see what result that produces. On a side note, I originally thought the problem was being caused from a faulty installation CD as I burned the .iso image to a blank DVD and booted from there. Though, I have made multiple copies of the CD and even booted from a friends Windows 7 Ultimate USB but the same problem is still occurring. I would greatly appreciate any help you guys may be able to offer me. This experience has been exhausting to to say the least.

Computer Specs:

RAM: OCZ Reaper Edition 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1333C9LV12GK
    HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    MOBO: EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR LGA 1366 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    Graphics Card: EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7-970 Gulftown 3.2GHz LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80613I7970
    PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active ...

Let me know if you need any additional information, I'd be glad to help!

Regards,

Cory.

2. CoryARamirez

Up, no one has any ideas? :(

3. CoryARamirez

To the top!

4. CoryARamirez

Bump, still have no idea what to do :(

5. CoryARamirez

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice