1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Failed To Start

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tomzzzlv, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomzzzlv

tomzzzlv Thread Starter

Greetings TSG people! Today, after a crash while using MS Paint I've got black screen before loading Windows that says: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause... File: \Boot\BCD Status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occured while trying to read the configuration data.
    I have no Win7 dvd, but I have Windows Repair Disc in my USB Flash. From the menu I tried "Startup repair", but it told that "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically".
    I tried a solution from the web to use /FixMbr , /FixBoot and /RebuildBcd (Bootrec.exe) by command prompt, even though it gave no results.
    I had this problem four times and I used System Image Recovery, but it loses all data after image date and I really don't want to do this again! I am really tired and desperate, please help me to find the right solution to get pass this error! I tried many websites and no luck there, so please, don't send me links "where to go", but help me practically.
    Excuse me for any gramatical mistakes, I'm using iPhone.

Sincerely, tomzzz

2. tomzzzlv

tomzzzlv Thread Starter

I also tried System Restore (not Sys Image Restore) and it did not work!
    Please help, I have to complete a work on that PC! I will be very greatful If somebody will find a solution!

3. tomzzzlv

tomzzzlv Thread Starter

Today, after numerous site visits and experiments with command prompt - received new error. File:\Windows\System32\config\system Status: 0xc000014c Says that system registry file is missing or corrupt.

What now ?

4. tomzzzlv

tomzzzlv Thread Starter

With your "help" I has no other possibility to use System Image Repair, with all data lost! Still, this problem remains unsolved ad is important as it might happen im th future!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice