Windows failed to start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chart2006

I'm trying to do a clean install of windows 7 but when it finishes loading the files it either black screens or blue screens. I either get an 0x0000098 or 0x0000221 status. If it makes it past that point then it blue screens with an error code of c000021. I can't even get to any option to choose either to repair or install windows 7. My computer specs are in my signature.

Did you change any bios settings after the install by any chance? That sounds like an AHCI error where if you enable that after installing Windows it won't boot but there is a reg fix for it. Are your drives running as Ahci, Raid or Ide in the bios?

Im assuming by clean install you mean you have formatted the drive. Has the win 7 dvd worked before or in another pc? can you boot into safe mode (F8)? Has it done this from the beginning?

Ken J

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online