1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Fax

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by moreproblems, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreproblems

moreproblems Thread Starter

Good Day everyone

For once I don't have a problem! (y) Im just opinion seeking. I need to use a fax from time to time and I am thinking of making use of Windows Fax, that comes bundled on the XP CD.

Has anyone reading this, made use of it, and if so how did they find it? I have one concern, and that is if I should use it, is there a possibility that installing the fax drivers, they can overwrite my modem/router files? Sure, I could re-install them, but I'd like to know in advance.

I have a US Robotics Internal 56K Voice/Fax Modem (relic of ye olde dial-up days) Windows XP Home, 1 GB of RAM, P4. My router which I use as an ADSL modem, is a Billion 7401VGP. Let's hear your moaNS, groans and praises.

Thanks

MoreProblems (Larry)

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I haven't used it for a couple of years, but it comes in handy when bulk faxing from documents on your system.

But also just a s a fax machine because you can manage your faxes like email sort of....saves paper because you don't have to print all the junk!

There should be no issue with your router, it will work with the Fax/modem...I assume your using a phone line not VOIP.

3. moreproblems

moreproblems Thread Starter

Thanks for that Ziggy 1. I'm sure it will integrate well with the xp (et al) . I was just a bit concerned about tuning my modem drivers upside down. Thanks for the info. Oh, and yes I'm using a phone line and not VOIP. Larry (aka MoreProblems)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice