Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows File Protection .. HELP!!!!

788 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jasyn 
#1 ·
I keep on getting this message "Files that are required to run Windows Properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of the files." and it always requests my Windows XP (SP1) cd. I comply, but it's not just a one time moment thing. I keep on constantly seeing this thing pop up. I've used Norton Antivirus with the most common Definitions (and it hasn't scanned any trojan or anything) and I also have Zonealarm running. If possibly were a Hacker editing files on my system, how in the world do I find out! or what other options do i have to get rid of this thing :( HELP ME PLEASE!!

#3 ·
well .. i'm not installing anything at the moment .. i always see this stupid message once windows starts up .. and at random times whenever i end programs and such ..

if theres really (NOTHING) to worry about .. how do i turn this option off kuz it's getting annoying .. and i'm just leaving my xp cd in the drive so i don't see this stupid message no more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.