1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Files are always getting corrupted.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SamHumphreys, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SamHumphreys

SamHumphreys Thread Starter

Hello,
    Over the past few weeks, my Windows files have always been getting corrupted. The hard thing is that it is an error every different time saying that some file is missing. For example, today, I did a system restore. I have done this many times and before I got to the setup screen for windows, I got a blue screen that prompted me to restart my PC and it gave me the same error after I restarted. By the way, I have Windows 8.1. Files also get corrupted on Windows 10 for me. I can't find out what the error is but I suspect it is my SSD because files get corrupted before I even install anything. One example of an error was a memory read error. The weird thing is that I had my old SSD replaced by a warranty 2 months ago and 2 weeks after I received the new one and started it, everything started to get corrupted. I have probably restored my PC 30 times this week...

PC Specs:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xk2RKZ

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

3. SamHumphreys

4. SamHumphreys

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  6. SamHumphreys

Unfortunately, now I can't even boot into the windows setup where it gives me the error 0x000021a.

Attached Files:

7. lynx1021

lynx1021

8. SamHumphreys

No success. When I type the bcedit command, it says the boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device could not be found. I can't do any other options since I can't boot into windows and haven't got to the setup screen for windows either. I strongly think my SSD is dying.

9. SamHumphreys

The cmd solution failed and I couldn't do any of the other ones because I still haven't been able to set up windows and can't boot into windows. I Could almost guarantee now that it'd my 2 month old faulty Ocz SSD.

10. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    You can run memtest from a bootable Usb stick or CD/DVD, it's self contained and will run even if Windows can't !

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice