1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Firewall and Update PROBLEMS Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 4lph4, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4lph4

4lph4 Thread Starter

Ok, I have a problem with enabling the windows firewall and installing windows updates. I had this problem with another computer I had at one point and it was due to a trojan that had done some damage. Some reg value or permission was reset to the best of my knowledge. I tried resetting the BITS service and whatnot and I even tried resetting and enabling the firewall opmode etc from command prompt (netsh firewall reset & netsh firewall set opcode mode=ENABLED). I tried these but nothing seems to work.

When I access the windows firewall area, all of the options are greyed out and i cannot enable the firewall. For the life of my, I cannot remember how I went about fixing the other computer that had this problem after the virus. If you have any suggestions or answers please reply or pm me.

Thanks,
    4lph4

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice