1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service cannot start...error 1075.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dstheone, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dstheone

dstheone Thread Starter

Hi when i try to run my windows XP sp2 windows firewall to stop it from disabling my connections. i get the message "Windows firewall cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows firewall/internet connection Sharing (ICS) service?" i click yes then i get "Windows cannot start the Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service.". i then went start>run>services.msc and found that when i try to manually run the Windows firewall/ICS i get this message "Could not start the WF/ICS service on Local Computer. Error 1075 the dependancy service either does not exist or has been marked for deletion." Please help me. I just want to be able to open my ports and host Warcraft 3 games.

2. Sponsor

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

That Service depends on two others before it can start - Network Connections and Windows Management Instrumentation. Could you please check to see they're both running and set to Automatic? It's odd that your game won't work for lack of open Ports yet the Firewall doesn''t even appear to be working at all.

My main concern about this is that malware may be to blame for messing with your systems so I suggest you run all your scanners to check.

4. dstheone

dstheone Thread Starter

both of those services are running for me. they show as started in services. i ran a full system scasn and nothing came up.

5. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

My only other question is could you possibly have another firewall that's interfering with Windows own?

6. dstheone

dstheone Thread Starter

not that i can see. i have avg but not a firewall only a virus scanner. and spybot but thats not blocking anything.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/871968