1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows freeze at Loading Screen Green Bar and crcdisk.sys in safe mode.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Lethalgoose, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lethalgoose

Lethalgoose Thread Starter

Ok to start I am running 32 bit Vista OS.

Last night I was playing a video game called Heroes of Newerth, in the middle of a game I began to experience frame freezing like I never had before. Upon completion of the game I closed the program to find that everything was locking up outside of the game as well along with black splotches in my desktop background. Getting impatient i manually shutoff my computer and turned it back on. At this point my woes began. Since discovering it won't boot in any form of safe mode and the last driver to load is the crcdisk.sys I am at a loss for what to do.

I tried to download a vista installation disc and run a repair from there but the white bar loads from the disc than it goes to the windows loading screen (with the green bar) for a few seconds than the screen goes black.

I looked in my bios to see if it was trying to load in an improper boot order or any such thing. I ran a memory test and everything checked out. During my diagnostics it started giving me floppy disk load errors but I do not have a floppy disk, I resolved this by disabling the floppy detection system in the bios (for some reason it turned on). Any help would be appreciated. I would like to think my computer is still useable/salvageable. I am willing to do a complete system restore if I can figure out how.

It is possible that there is an error in my installation disc, I burned it to a spare cd I had lying around and am not positive if I need a dvd or if it can be done from a cd. Please help me. Thank you.

2. TekTime

TekTime

Did your computer update prior to this happening? I know there is a problem with SP1 that the solution below may help you fix:

1) I start windows Vista from my DVD and select repair, select the command to star the console.
    2) In the command prompt, rename( or delete) the following files with an "*" after them:

\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys*
    \windows\system32\drivers\1394bus.sys
    \windows\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys
    \windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcmcia.inf...*
    \windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\1394.inf...*
    \windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\sdbus.inf...*
    \windows\inf\sdbus.inf*
    \windows\inf\sdbus.PNF*

3) Exit and restart.

Post back if that works or doesn't..

3. Lethalgoose

I read about the problem with the update and am unaware as to whether or not my computer was automatically updating while I was in game although I had considered it due to the frame freezes I was getting.

My problem with trying this solution is that when I try to run windows from the disc the white bar moves across the screen as normal and than it transitions into the windows loading screen I get stuck on while trying to run windows normally however from the disc the load screen disappears after a few seconds and my screen remains black indefinitely leading me to believe something may have happened to my hard drive.

4. Lethalgoose

Update: I found my diagnostics disc that came with the hard drive and I got a message saying than no drive was detected in the master or slave drive.

5. TekTime

TekTime

Oh I see. do you have a desktop or a laptop? What's the make/model?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/926509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice