1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows freezes after start-up but works in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Nickoliver4, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nickoliver4

Nickoliver4 Thread Starter

Please excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong area, but over the past 48 hours I have had great difficulty in using my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 1545. System type: 32-bit. Processor: not available. Memory (RAM): not available. I checked this yesterday and all information was provided, but not sure why it is not today.

Everytime I switch it the laptop on, I will have about 1 minutes worth of use before it completely freezes. Ctrl + alt + del do not respond which means I just have to keep switching it on and off, on and off. Everything works fine on safe mode and after checking other sites for advice, I have not had any luck.

I have tried 2 restores, which were successful, but not in fixing my problem.

I am currently an English teacher in China so my laptop is crucial for everything I do. I appreciate any feedback and help.

Many thanks,

Nick

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

Sometimes it's a corrupt driver issue when safe mode is the only option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1073899

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice