Windows Freezes at the boot screen!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ahvphaneendra

Somebody plzzz help.

My boot screen is freezing. I am not able to login into my os. I dont know the reason why itz happening so. But i recently changed the "ntoskrnl.exe" file:eek: . Do you think this may b the reason!.However after restart i'm able to get into the safe mode.

unfortunately i have forgotten my administrator password. So i'm unable to repair it with the recovery console in the windows xp cd. I have a lotz of data 2 backup on my hard drive to perform a complete new install. So i request you to suggest me a better solution.

In safemode try doing a system restore to before you had the problem.

Start/run/msconfig
launch system restore
go back to a date before your problem
see if that helps
joan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online