Windows freezes at "windows is shutting down" page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zeferino

You probably get this question a lot (which is what i hope because maybe you can fix it) but when i log off windows my comp freezes at the "Windows is shutting down" page and it never goes to "It is now safe to turn off your computer." This is a pain and i het hard booting my computer so often. Can anoyne lend a hand?

Which version of Windows do you have? If WinSE, there is a shutdown patch which should be installed. If FE, you can try running msconfig and checking "disable fast shutdown" in the Advanced page.

A very comprehensive troubleshooter is available here:

http://www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online