1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Freezes when trying to log in

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ForP, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ForP

ForP Thread Starter

Whenever I try to log into Windows once I type the password and click it just remains at the Welcome freeze and never logs in. I am currently in Safe Mode and it seems like everything works fine .If I log out and try again to log in Windows I either get stuck in the welcome screen . I have left this over a hour and yet no luck.I have to manually shut down the computer.

2 days ago I had my iPad(first gen) plugged in to synch with iTunes. This is what I have been doing for a long time however yesterday despite me not pluggin out the ipad I got some kind of USB error and then an iTunes error. I unplugged my iPad and tried pluggin it again however both the iPad and iTunes did not recognize it. I continued to use my computer and it seemed to work fine till I shut it down last night. Now I am unable to log back in.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8105 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -235 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 590025 MB, Free - 513019 MB;
    Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., 300V3A/300V4A/300V5A
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

Let me know what else is required . Thanks

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

ForP:
    Hello & welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

When did the problem begin? Sometimes, the exact date is important.

When did the computer last work well? What changed? Was the problem's [ freezing ] 1st presentation following the iPad event you noted? If not, perhaps following a hardware or software install; W7 update; update to your anti malware or other computer security program; perhaps a non computer security program?

Would you describe yourself as a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?

Please run this forum's system info utility. Post the results in this thread.
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Please provide the following, in addition to the above.
    brand, model & model # of your computer [ particularly if it is a laptop ] or motherboard.

When did the problem begin?

Please read this article & follow the steps involved with clean boot troubleshooting.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

3. ForP

ForP Thread Starter

Thank you for the welcome. The problem has been happening since this morning. The ipad was connected via the USB since Sunday. It has been working well since this. Now when i think about it yesterday I did download Nitro Pro 8. I think I installed it after the errors from the ipad. Apart from that nothing else has been downloaded in the last week. I am a intermediate computer user.

I am not sure I understand the link you gave . What do you want me to post and where . I did post the utility details that I was asked when I started teh thread.

This is a laptop from Samsung Model is NP300V5A. Processor is i5 -2410M CPU @2.30 Ghz running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

I shall try to the clean boot now and let you know the results.

Thanks

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

What were the error msgs related to the iPad use?

Sorry that I missed the syst Info info.

Check the event viewer for errors related to Nitro, iPad.

Consider uninstalling Nitro. Check its / their website for instructions. They might have a clean up tool.

I have never used Nitro.

RF123

5. ForP

ForP Thread Starter

RF123 Thanks for your help . Right now after the clean boot it seems to be fine. I am able to log in . I did try once to restart again this morning and so far it looks good. I don;t remember the error message I got. There were 2 of them one with respect to the USB connection and the other with iTunes. Whats odd is that there is nothing related to either the apps in the Event log. The last 2 days the only error messages were WMI related.

Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date: 1/24/2013 11:49:45 PM Event ID: 10 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXX Description: Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected. Event Xml: 10 0 2 0 0 0x80000000000000 78462 Application XXXXXXX //./root/CIMV2 SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99 0x80041003

I am not sure if I should synch my ipad again as I cannot afford for the laptop to die on me.

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

ForP:
    Congratulations on progress.
    Not a comfortable situation.

Keep us posted.

Best of success.

RF123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice