1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows hangs at loading (XP logo) screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sohailiqbal2004, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohailiqbal2004

sohailiqbal2004 Thread Starter

Help! Windows hangs at loading screen Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm currently having quite a problem.

What happened that resulted in my problem:

1. Computer working totally fine.
    2. Attempted to overclock CPU (without much experience)
    3. Computer unable to boot
    4. Reset CMOS Jumper to reset BIOS back to default.
    5. Windows starts up normally, but hangs at the black loading screen where the windows logo is there and there's a little blue bar moving from left to right. Half way loading, the blue bar would just freeze and nothing happens even after many hours.
    6. After restarting my computer, it brings me to a black screen asking me to boot safe mode/safe mode with networking/ safe mode with cmd or use last known good settings or start windows normally.
    7. Only by selecting Safe mode OR Safe mode with CMD will my computer start. By selecting the others, windows still hangs at the loading screen

Things I have done to try to solve this problem (not in order):
    1. Reset CMOS again
    2. Replace computer battery
    3. Moved around my 2x1GB RAMS and even sometimes just use 1 stick
    4. Under safe mode, assessed to msconfig to select diagnostic start-up only.
    5. Unplug and plug back hdd.
    6. Removed wireless adapter.

Despite doing all these, the problem still continues.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Boot into Safe Mode, do Start > Run, type CMD press Enter
    In the new window type CHKDSK X: /F where X is the drive letter your XP is on
    (usually C, there is a space before and after X: ) press Enter
    type Y to confirm, press Enter
    then restart the computer and CHKDSK will check the disk.

If that didn't fix it boot using Safe Mode again and try a System Restore to a time before you tried to overclock the PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice