1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows has detected an internet security attempt

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dawnesh93, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dawnesh93

dawnesh93 Thread Starter

hi I turned my omputer on the other day went to get a snack and when i came back it was littered with open internet explorer pages to a specific site. My desktop was also red in colour for some reason with a big x on it saying your privacy is at risk. I also have some random programs installed automatically such as error cleaner and privacy protector. I immedialty realised this was a virus type thing an did a norton scan but nothing came up. I noticed many other people had this problem as well but could not come to a solution from reading their posts. Computer goes very slow..........am worried. Thanks in advance

2. Volatile3.6

Volatile3.6

Have you tried something like Ad-Aware or Spybot: Search and Destroy?

I remember I had this problem with my laptop and I think it might have come down to deleting individual files. Does a window pop-up that asks you to buy some virus protection software?

3. dawnesh93

dawnesh93 Thread Starter

yes a window does popup telling me to download a certains software. AS for search and destroy no ihave only scanned it with norton

4. bddl

bddl

I just encountered this problem and ran avg freeware and to my knowledge it took care of it also you will have to go to your screen apperance and set it to your preference , it must have been sent through e-mail as a joke

5. Volatile3.6

Volatile3.6

You might want to download Ad-Aware, it's free. Does your computer crash on you now?

6. grouse

grouse

You are infected - mark this thread solved, go to the Malware thread and post the problem there along with a hijackthis log

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice