windows help file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

delmec

when i click on the help file just above the start button, all i get is the cannot detect server window, which you get when on the net, i get this when not onthe net, also when i click on the system information button. the same cannot find server window comes up. tryed system restore to an earlier date, but to no avail, anybody any suggestions????

IBM

Might be a good idea to either repair IE, by going into the control panel, then running ADD/REmove programs. Find IE, choose to remove it, upon doing so a menu will pop up, from that menu choose REPAIR IE.

OR
You could just re-install IE.

Del

What operating system are you running?
Win 98, ME?
Del
Some setting seems to be making it want to go to the net to gather the information.

delmec

i have windows me. just re installed ie6, made no difference, when i click on help file get the same old page ie cannot find server, i can get the help file working patially by clicking the icon in windows/system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online