1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Home Server

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by shmik1, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmik1

shmik1 Thread Starter

I just read about this new OS on Digg. Apparently Windows Home Server is available on Newegg for sale. My first thought on this is WOW, just wow. $180 for ANOTHER windows OS. I will agree that it appears VERY user friendly, as it should with such a price tag. Now, I posted this for two reasons. One, I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about this. And two, my first thoughts upon seeing this were; what are all the capabilities of Ubuntu Server and FreeNAS? Since I've been tinkering with open source for a long time but have always remained a noob (I've never really had an extensive experience) I'm not completely aware of all the possibilities of the open source servers and if they have the ability to automate windows backups. So what does everyone think about this new WinHoSo (Windows Home Server)? (doesn't Windows 2003 Server, etc have these abilities as well?) Could FreeNAS or Ubuntu Server be setup to handle these tasks easily (without expert open source installation experience)?

I'm eager to hear everyone's opinions..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice