1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Icons

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Jason Fox, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jason Fox

Jason Fox Thread Starter

I made some really nice icons for my desktop. My question is: How do I make the shortcut icons appear on the desktop without the little white curved arrow indicating that it's a short cut?

Also, regarding the icons themselves, I have infranview (sp???) and managed to make some noce icons like I said before. Only the images I captured to make the nice icons were adjusted just so that no resizing was necassary.

Now I'm trying to alter those icons to provide a little variety by adding a glowing sphere in the middle of one or a starburst in another one. When I make those on paintbrush and paste them to ifranview (sp?), the image is stretched somewhat so, instead of a glod ring (let's say) I get a gold egg-like looking icon.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

TweakUI has a user interface that will allow you to display the shortcut icon without an arrow.

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

Also when you resize things with Irfanview, pay attention to the aspect ratio. You may have to use "preserve aspect ratio" or you may have to tweak it to satisfy your needs. It may be easier to size things proportionately with Irfanview than Paint.

3. Jason Fox

Jason Fox Thread Starter

Well, paintbrush is the program I use to add details to the icons.

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice