Windows ICS help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crazydog

I live in a dorm, and the WiFi signal in my room is terrible.

I bought a wireless card for my desktop so I could share its internet connection with my laptop.

Currently I have things set up like this:

Desktop connected to internet through Ethernet.
TCP/IP Config of desktop:

Desktop's wireless card using manufacturers software to act as an access point (laptop does not see it as ad-hoc).
TCP/IP configuration for the Wireless adapter in Desktop:

TCP/IP configuration for the Laptop:

I can successfully ping both adapters in the desktop from the laptop, and vice versa, but loading a webpage on Firefox loads forever with no errors.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm at a loss why you didn't just buy a router so that you didn't have to screw around with ICS? :confused:

I'd take the wireless card back and get a wireless router.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you have a normal school network with a DHCP server, setting up a router consists of taking it out of the box and plugging it in! If you want encryption, you can configure that easily as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online