1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows In A Box

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by rabgary, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rabgary

rabgary Thread Starter

This is a pretty cool little tool.No install required either.

WINDOWS IN A BOX

2. CTPhil

CTPhil

That's very cool. Thanks!

3. Tildy

Tildy

Thank you....nifty tool.

4. dez_666

dez_666

Like, Oh mah gad. Even thought i know where most option windows and setting 'panels' are, thats pretty neat. (y)
    Nice post :)

5. CTPhil

CTPhil

So who knew that windows has a built in media player other than WMP? I clicked on "Media Player 2" in Windows in a Box and up popped a small media player! It's not listed in "Accessories", what's the deal?

6. dez_666

dez_666

Haha i know what you're talking about CTPhil. My school's administrator will take away student's Windows media player if a teacher asks them to, but I highly doubt he blocks that one as well. Ive found many neat things about windows out of necessity because of how much the PC's are locked down at my school. We dont have taskbar notification icons, and we cant right click our taskbar >_>'

7. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

8. ChuckE

ChuckE

... and the developer of "WindowsInaBox" is a friend of Jenna Jameson! ;) :D (y)

9. NetGuru()

NetGuru()

It would be nice but: it appears like its meant to work only if your operating system drive is C:.
    Myne is not and this cute little utility does not seem to be able to find its way out of the c drive letter. Maybe im doing something wrong?

10. briealeida

briealeida

Surprisingly lightweight! Only 160 KB zipped.

11. ChuckE

ChuckE

Just send an email to the developer "loreto.re" at "gmail.com" and tell him your concern. Perhaps it would be an easy correction. For example using the variable SystemRoot, instead of a default C:\ as the assumed drive. (If that is the issue.)

12. ameliaa

ameliaa

Ok i downloaded this but after i shut my computer down i can't find it! :confused:

13. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Where did you download it to

14. ameliaa

ameliaa

To my desktop.

I just tried to download it again and when i try to unzip it, it say corrupt file. :confused: :confused:

15. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
    The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Are you the site owner? Avoid service interruptions in the future by increasing your data transfer limit! Find out how.

Learn more about data transfer.

I have uploaded mine

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice