Windows in Safe Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IndyTgrFan

I am trying to start my laptop in Safe Mode. Problem is that it is my company computer and b/c when you start in Safe Mode, no "domain" is listed" my password isn't recognized.

My computer is only booting in start mode b/c i went into msconfig and changed the boot.ini to "safe".

any ideas?

bearone2

Banned
"booting in start mode"?

did you change it for any reason in particular?
many companies limit access to msconfig, add/remove programs, defrag, admin tools and many other functions, as mine does, so folks like you and me don't hose the computer and sometimes whole network.

you could tell your it folks what you did. you know, asking foregiveness is always easier than getting permission.

do you get to the desktop or where does it stop the bootup process?:cool:

IndyTgrFan

I am trying to get rid of SpyAxe...from what I know, when you run things to get rid of it, you should run in safe mode

When i tried to do the regular safe mode (hitting f8 during startup) I got the same screen. I was hoping that I wouldn't get it if I tried the msconfig mode

I get to the password screen after hitting "ctrl alt dlt" but it won't recognize my password..at least the one I know.

IndyTgrFan

anyone have thoughts on this????

I work for a "start up" and we really don't have a "help desk"

any thoughts on how to get away from starting up in safe mode considering I changed the boot.ini to "safe"

I tried hitting f8 when the computer is booting and then clicking on start norma... but that doesn't work...i guess it is getting overridden by the boot.ini in msconfig

help...please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online