Windows Install Doesn't See SATA HDD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manish_42

I'm using an ASUS K8V Deluxe motherboard, and I have a SATA hard drive. When I try to install windows xp, setup does not recognize that this hard drive is there. I've solved this problem before by inserting a floppy with the drivers on it during Windows installation. However, I don't know which drivers I need for the K8V Deluxe or where to find them! I searched the ASUS website under Downloads, but there were no drivers that I saw that were specifically for the VIA SATA controller. Does anyone know where to find these drivers?

Have you tried this page? Asus KV8 Deluxe Drivers

Sorry, can't get the direct link to work, must be java thing. Choose your motherboard from the dropdown boxes, then click the Driver tab on the page that opens. Near the bottom of the list of drivers are 2 versions for the VIA SATA.

moper

You do not need any drivers for SATA, all you need to do is disable all raid settings in the bios. With the newer motherboards and Xp.

pcgamer01 said:
You do not need any drivers for SATA, all you need to do is disable all raid settings in the bios. With the newer motherboards and Xp.
i do not have this option to turn off RIAD all i have is turn on SATA or off SATA

NVM IGNORE WHAT I WROTE I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID BUT IT IS WORKING NOW

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online