1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Installation and startup problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rangasux, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rangasux

rangasux Thread Starter

Hi, Im new to this forums and I have a question about my windows.

My 'Windows is starting' took ages to load. I mean literally 35 minutes.

This aint normal and I thought I should reinstall windows 7.
    Thats what I did, I reinstalled and figured out that the 'Setup is starting' screen also took like 30-40 minutes, when I got past it I saw that the 'Finishing Installation' took my pc another 20 minutes.
    once, I got it installed it didnt fix the insane loading times.

The harddrive im installing windows on is 64gb SSD harddrive.

specs :
    i7 950 @3ghz.
    RADEON HD 6990.
    12 gb ddr3.

Right now my harddrive is sent back and I will get a new one. lets just hope it fixes the problem.

does anyone else have a solution to this?

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

I think I would wait until you get the replacement drive and see if that cures the problem. A conventional hard drive would be the prime suspect with those symptoms although while you are waiting for the replacement drive it may be worth running a lengthy test with Memtest86+ just to be sure there are no problems in the RAM.

Download Memtest86+ from here

You will need to burn the ISO image using image burning software like ImgBurn and then you can boot the problem PC with it and run the tests. Complete a minimum of 8 passes. If it shows any errors you will have to re-run the tests on groups of RAM sticks to quickly isolate any faulty ones.

3. rangasux

rangasux Thread Starter

alright thanks

let me try it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice