Windows Installation Not detecting my harddisk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mafaz_13

Hi,

I have been trying to install windows XP Pro on my laptop, but the installation keeps prompting this message: hard disk not found, please check if the disk is correctly connected and powered.

I have been trying out Ubuntu (linux), and had to create a ext3 and a swap partition. Any idea why this is happening.

And when i use windows 98 second edition, the fdisk utility does not detect the full capacity. Plus, when i format or scandisk it cant fix all the errors. PLEASE HELP.

hi friend,
its not only ur problem, i bought a new compaq presario v 6000, i am trying to install win XP sp2, its showing this same message: hard disk not found, please check if the disk is correctly connected and powered after we press enter for windows xp setup.
if you find the ans pls msg me to [email protected]
:(

I just had this experience with an HP and it baffled me. It was a corrupted XP OS, messed up by Windows Updates I might add as I had it running ok prior to that after spyware and virus scans and then I got the same message when I used XP cd to repair. The only way out for me was HP Restore partition by tapping F11 at bootup, which may still be there for you,or sending for Compaq Restore Disks. I wasted hours trying to get the hard drive seen, and I knew it was not an F6 issue for early chipsets or a dead drive because it was just too new.

mafaz_13 said:
Hi,

I have been trying to install windows XP Pro on my laptop, but the installation keeps prompting this message: hard disk not found, please check if the disk is correctly connected and powered.

I have been trying out Ubuntu (linux), and had to create a ext3 and a swap partition. Any idea why this is happening.

And when i use windows 98 second edition, the fdisk utility does not detect the full capacity. Plus, when i format or scandisk it cant fix all the errors. PLEASE HELP.
1 hour of googling and result:
In BIOS you must switch SATA mode to Compatibile. Then all OS installations can see harddrive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online