1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows installed? Blue Screens :(

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jdeezy, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jdeezy

Jdeezy Thread Starter

Over the past week this is the series of events, sorry for the caveman delivery.

>Go to get on computer from sleep mode and get blue screen saying there is an error (the options given did nothing)

>Go to restart and now all I can get is the blue screen

>Having serious issues getting Windows boot disc to work. Try USB, same thing, sits at Windows loading screen for 15 minutes then error, restart, same thing.

>Disable secure boot and change to legacy boot, now it will boot to the disc but it takes literally over an hour of sitting on the windows loading screen before it loads.

>Once it loads each screen prompt takes an additional 10 minutes, when it checks for your partitioned drives it takes 30 minutes.

>Having no luck with the SSD, just getting the error cannot create partitioned drive. Even in DOS I cannot create a partition on the SSD.

>I partition the regular HD and install windows which takes roughly 4 hours.

>Windows loads there are no drivers installed, no Ethernet controller driver installed. Use the motherboard disc to install motherboard drivers, can only install half, not including Ethernet; so no internet.

>Go to restart and now it is at the windows loading screen like it is loading the boot disc, it sits on this screen for 15 minutes then gives me a blue screen then it restarts and I get into windows.

>From my laptop I download all of the motherboard drivers to a thumb drive and put them on my desktop. I still cannot get the Ethernet drivers installed, it keeps giving me errors.

>Restart, load screen, blue screen

>Restart, load screen, in Windows but cannot install motherboard drivers. Getting various errors.
    >So Windows is installed but when the computer boots it sits on the windows load screen like its loading the boot disc until it gives me he blue screen and restarts.

2. replay

replay

Have u tested the memory...... download memtest and make a bootable dvd/thumb drive
    Then boot with it,let it run for a hour

3. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Have you checked your disks as well. If not I would start there as shown below.

When you reinstalled Windows, did you perform a fresh clean install or repair install? If not and your drives test good then that would be my recommendation as it sounds like you have multiple issues. Other cause could be malware, have you ran any malware scans?

Another option to verify your hardware is good is to create a live Linux USB/disc such as Mint or Ubuntu and see how your computer works.

Seagate Seatools for DOS (free):
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-dos-master

Create Bootable Seatools USB with Rufus

1. Device - Verify the correct USB Drive is selected - Very Important
    2. Boot selection - Click on Select button to browse to the correct .iso file
    3. Partition Scheme - Select MBR partition
    4. Target System - Bios or UEFI
    5. Volume Label - Change if needed
    6. File System - FAT32 (default)
    7. Cluster Size - 16KB (default)
    8. Click the Start button - Warning flash drive will be formatted and all data will be destroyed.

If the computer is UEFI you may need to enable CSM or Legacy mode and Disable SecureBoot if available to boot from the USB correctly.

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I forgot to ask will it start in safe mode?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice