windows installer error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jluva42

When I try to download any applicatio or updatye, I get an error syaing the windows installer could not be accessed. Windows is in safe mode or installer is not correctly installed. Not in safe mode and installer has never been a problem. Please advise

When you say "update" are you talking Windows Update?

If you are talking about applications & application updates, are you downloading the update (selecting [Save]) to your PC then running it? Or are you trying to run it directly (selecting [Run])?

Try [Save] then run from your PC.

jluva42

I am sorry I wasn't clear. I was trying to download some regular programs. Windows live messenger, etc. Thats when that error came up. Then I saw I needed a java update and when I clicked to update, same error popped up. Thanks for the fast reply, hopefully I was a little clearer.

J

Go to Control Panel (classic view) and see if you have the JAVA icon. You should have since it comes with WinXP SP2.

Open the JAVA Control Panel (that's what the icon is), there should be an Update tab, select it. In the panel there is a [Update Now], use this to actually update.

RECOMMEND Note on the Update panel there are options:
  • Check the Check for updates automatically box
  • Notify Me = set for Before installing
  • [Advanced] = set for Daily at a time of day you are online

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online