Windows Installer "gone"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Orchis

:confused:
I made the mistake of un-installing Microsoft PictureIt 2001 and now I can't re-install it because there is no Windows Installer, and that program does not have its own installer. I've been told my only option is wiping the drive and re-installing Windows 2000. I don't want to do this because of a] the hassle and b] I might have to buy back programs for which I've lost the registration key. My work-around solution is to do my work with the program on a notebook linked to my desktop PC. I have used the MS installer repair program without success. Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online