Windows Installer Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andybanks

Iwas asked by Spyware Doctor if I wanted to block MSIExec.exe until the next startup and I said yes (stupid me). I have restarted XP a few time since then so it should not be blocked but who knows? When I tried to install a freeware program it said that Microsoft Installer was not working. Spyware doctor shows no blocked programs. When I tried to install a program from a cd that had previously been installed it intitially show it being set up for installation and then nothing happened.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online