1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows installer service

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Chiz724, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiz724

Chiz724 Thread Starter

Whenever I try to install software that requires windows installer service the installation fails.
    I get error message "windows installer service cannot be accessed". I need help on what to do about it. I can't install anything that uses it. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a new Hp Pavillion 9308nr notebook.

2. mf-tech

mf-tech

Check to see if the windows installer service is running. Right click the 'My Computer' icon and choose 'manage' from the side menu. Once the console window opens, look on the left side and choose 'services' under services and applications. Scroll down the list in the right screen until you see 'windows installer', click once on it to high light it, then right click to bring up the side menu. Choose start. If the service starts properly then you should be able to install an application properly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/620079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice