1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows installer/sonic decoder installer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ty007, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ty007

ty007 Thread Starter

every time me or my wife logs into our accounts on windows we receive a pop up for windows installer and sonic decoder. they cannot be canceled unless I open the task manager and manually stop them I cant think of any changes I have made to msconfig or my registry that would cause this. I checked the event viewer log to see if there was any additional info but none was available. Any suggestions anyone?

My system also seems to be running very sluggishly way slower than normal, I ran a spyware scan Vundo fix and I am currently running a complete antivirus scan just to be safe even though I dont feel that this is malware/virus related.

2. ty007

ty007 Thread Starter

so an update to this one....my computer is acting all sorts of weird now and programs are showing up that I deleted long ago....also when I view the audit in event viewer it shows a very large amount of registry errors. I am not familiar with the process to repair a corrupted registry . Is there anyone that could lend me some suggestions or guide me on the right path?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/719904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice