1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Installer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by diglerbunny, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diglerbunny

diglerbunny Thread Starter

I have just installed Windows 2000 SP4 on my computer and everytime I try to install MS Publisher 2000 I receive a message stating

The Windows Installer cannot be accessed. This can occur if you are running in Safemode,or if the Windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

I'm not in Safemode and the only topic I can find on MS support knowledge base is for service pack 3.

Does anyone know what I should try?

2. RonK

RonK

3. diglerbunny

diglerbunny Thread Starter

yes I had already downloaded that and attempted to install, but I get a message saying that the specified service already exists. Should a do a search for the file name and delete and then try to install the recently downloaded?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice