1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows installing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by andidragusha, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andidragusha

andidragusha Thread Starter

hey i have a acer aspire one 255 my windows is not working but it doesn't have a disk drive installing with usb dosn't work . can i take the hdd and install my windows on my sony vaio because has a disk drive.

2. mel8again

mel8again

Give us the number from the bottom of your computer and we may be able to do better. If you cannot get into Win7 you can do a factory restore from a hidden partition on your hard drive. I have copied the instructions from the Acer website.

To start the system recovery:
    1. Restart the computer.
    2. When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
    3. If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
    4. After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
    5. Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
    6. Click Next to begin the restore process. The restore can take anywhere fom 10 minutes up to an hour.
    7. Once the restore is complete your computer will reboot. Upon rebooting it will load Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Your computer will reboot several times during this process. After everything is complete your computer will be like it was when you first purchased it.
    If the ability to reinstall from the previous method is not available or fails, recovery of the Operating System will need to be from Recovery Media. If you do not have a set of Acer Recovery Media, you may purchase the set online from the Acer Recovery Media Order Form..
    Note: If your computer does not have an internal optical disc drive, an external optical disc drive will be required in order to recover the Operating System using Acer Recovery Media.
    1. Restart the computer.
    2. When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the computer's Boot Menu.
    3. Press the CD-ROM drive eject button and insert the disc labeled System CD.
    4. Close the CD-ROM tray.
    5. Refer to on screen instructions to select either CDROM or USB CDROM.
    6. The computer will boot from the Acer Recovery Media
    7. When prompted for the Recovery CD, remove the System CD and insert the Recovery CD.
      Note: If there are multiple Recovery CDs, please insert the first of the Recovery CDs.
    8. After the system recovery application has loaded, follow the prompts to reinstall the Operating System.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice