1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows is freezing periodically

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hnc197, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hnc197

hnc197 Thread Starter

Hi guys. I have a problem with my windows.

It's kinda hard to explain but as I wrote on the title, my windows is freezing periodically. It just happens every 1~2 minutes, and the freezing lasts about 1~2 seconds.

And curiously, during that freezing, when I see processes tab on taskmgr, all cpu usage is dropping to 0% except system idle process. In other words, contrary to most freezing, which the cpu usage of some processes goes 100%, this problem is just opposite situation.

I can't figure what is wrong. I used KAV 7.0 to scan my whole PC if there's any viruses, but it says it's all fine. I removed some spywares by AdAware but it doesn't helped my situation. And, there were no suspicious processes when I looked into taskmgr.

What should I do? I don't wanna format my pc.. :(

Please help me.

-SYSTEM INFORMATION-
    Intel E2140 (Dual Core)
    1GB RAM
    GeForce 6600 GT AGP
    Seagate 7200.10 SATA HDD
    Windows XP SP2

ps: Sorry for my clumsy english. I'm living in Japan so I can't speak english well. Please tell me if there's any sentence that is hard to understand.

2. Gombot

Gombot It's My Birthday!

You might check your event viewer for clues. Maybe something useful was captured in the System or Application logs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice