1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows keep closing!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Pocketmanz, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocketmanz

Pocketmanz Thread Starter

Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and I'm finally getting sick of it.

My programs and windows will randomly close without warning and without being considered a crash when I try to access a file, program, or internet page with a certain word in the title. The key word that seems to close things seems to be the word "download". When I try to open a program with the word in the title it closes. If I try to open my Downloads file it closes the explorer window. If I try to open an internet page with the word in the URL it will close the tab almost instantly. The only other thing of note that has also been affected seems to be the main Control Panel (The one where you can access all the little sub-categories, which themselves work fine.) which closes on its own aswell.

My computer is an HP laptop whose model I forget and runs Windows 7 Home Basic. I inherited this computer from a relatives business who bought it and relied on an employee to use it, though the employee did not know what they were doing have the time and installed countless useless web applications like toolbars and such, most of which I had to go through the pain-staking task of removing one-by-one (And I have no doubt there are still some in there that don't show up in the remove and uninstall page...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you can help me, and my thanks in advance.

2. hewee

hewee

You should ask this get moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal so they can help you out. Click on the Report link and ask they remove this.

Also Never ever post your email address online or your be asking for lots of SPAM so best to remove the email address asap.
    All questions can be asked in the post in this thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice