1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows keeps bluescreening whenever I run 'standby' or 'hibernate'?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bonecrusher123, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonecrusher123

Bonecrusher123 Thread Starter

hey guys, whenever i put my dell latitude into standby or hibernate it seems to be okay. but when i bring it out of hibernation or standby it turns on again and tells me that there was a bluescreen and starts the PC like it was turned off via a normal shut down. anyone had this experience before?

i've got all the windows updates installed.

thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

All drivers need to be WHQL-certified to reinitialize after a low-power state. What do the blue screens say?

Have you changed any drivers lately?

Do you have any recent files in the C:\Windows\minidump folder that you can archive and attach?

3. Bonecrusher123

Bonecrusher123 Thread Starter

i changed a few things around, but i can't remember what i did exactly. it never used to happen before, just over the past few weeks so i've been leaving the PC running on all day.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice