1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Keeps Minimizing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by yswrox, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yswrox

yswrox Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have this issue where my active window would constantly de-activate at random times. What I mean by this is, the window I'm currently using would act as though I have switched to another window on top of it. It acts like there is a background program running that constantly comes to the front, but I can't seem to find anything. Let me give examples to help illustrate my problem.

When typing this message, I constantly had to re-click this window as there are times when I can't type on it as it acts like a minimized window, but I haven't clicked/done anything to it.

When playing a FPS game, the game will suddenly paused acting as though I have switched to another program to the front. I must click an extra time on the game window to continue playing.

If it's still tough to understand, I'll have to record a video...It's extremely annoying, appreciate all help I can get. Thanks!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476935 MB, Free - 137280 MB; G: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 29577 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., EP43-UD3L
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. dai

dai

run a check for an infection

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice