1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows keeps restarting !

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by werr, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. werr

werr Thread Starter

Today my computer went slow so i restarted it and from that point it kept doing the same thing: it starts, then the dialog where it asks u if to start normal or safe mode (but keyboard doesnt work) then after the 28sec it tries to load windows, but a blue screen is shown and then restart again. I put the reinstalation CD but when i get to the "To boot from CD press any key" i cant becouse keyboard is not working. Any ideas what can it be or how to fix it?
    Thanks!

pp: its XP home premium edition

2. werr

werr Thread Starter

bump

edit: sry for not beeing patient AcaCandy, i just wanted to make it work before... nevermind now thanks for looking into it

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. This isn't live technical support. You need to have patience.

You've emailed me and it now looks like you are private messaging someone.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Is this a wireless keyboard? You may need to use a wired USB or PS/2 keyboard. Some systems seem to ignore wireless devices until Windows loads.

There may be a BIOS setting for Enable Legacy USB Support that needs to be enabled (or possibly disabled) to see the device as well, which may require a PS/2 keyboard to be able to access the BIOS and set that.

HTH

Jerry

5. werr

werr Thread Starter

No, its not a wireless keyboard, its USB. It works sometimes, so i can access the BIOS but when it starts booting the keyboard stops working. I tried different keyboard but its all the same. There wasnt anythink in the BIOS to enable USB support. Thanks for your time!

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Have you tried a PS/2 keyboard?

When you're formatting the hard drive and doing a fresh install of the operating system, the safest option is to use a PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. werr

werr Thread Starter

What do you mean by PS/2 keyboard or mouse? Do you mean the ones using a port like the S-video?

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Kinda like the S-Video, but, not quite. Should be color coded green and purple.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice