1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows keeps trying to reinstall NortonAntiVirus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Nflder, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nflder

Nflder Thread Starter

I'm using a Toshiba Laptop with Win XP with SP2 installed.
    After starting Outlook I get a small window titled Windows Installer which says... Preparing to Install after that another small window that is titled Norton AntiVirus 2005 comes up that says "Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the Repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall". After I click OK on both windows they appear two more times and do not appear again unless I exit Outlook and start it again. I rebooted but nothing changed. While using Outlook Norton appears to be functioning as it is stopping virus infected emails and I get security alerts saying that someone has attempted to attack my computer.

What should I do?

2. Nflder

Nflder Thread Starter

Turns out that most if not all programs causes Windows to try to reinstall and Norton says it does not support repair feature. Wish I could make this more interesting to attract some attention but I'm stuck with a problem that has not been seen by anybody that knows what is going on... and I'm afraid to uninstall & reinstall because I don't think it will resolve my problem.

Can anyone suggest anything?

3. DrakeBS

DrakeBS

rofl, on onrton go to ur options and click on Miscellaneos, and hit dont check on office plugin, or something of that nature, and it disables it for starting up for the office apps.

it also shows up when you boot up your comuter, in some cases. and that cant be disabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice