1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live E-mail Account - Illegible Script

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MissMac1, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMac1

MissMac1 Thread Starter

Hi there wonderful Tech guys!

I have been experiencing a problem with my Windows Live Hotmail account. Basically when I log in, the log in page is normal, but the script which should show my inbox, sent msgs etc is is all in the wrong place, or not there at all, it moves around the page and all the image icons are condensed into the top left of the screen.

When I scroll my mouse over the headings (inbox, sent, deleted mails etc, which are all listed in a line down the left of the page) they disappear and reappear seemingly at random. I can access my emails with a well timed mouse click but I am very concerned about this problem as I am self employed and have a lot of important emails stored in this account.

I thought I should also add that yesterday I received an email from a known contact which would not open. There was an error message saying something like 'windows cannot complete this command at present' - sorry I don't have the exact message but everything was fine until I opened the account today. It didn't have a message saying 'this email looks suspicious' with it. The person who had sent that e-mail resent it and it opened fine. Do you think I could have received a virus through that email?

I have tried to contact Windows live about this but they do not have a contact phone number for this kind of query and there help page does not have the answer either.

Many Thanks for your help :)

:)

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You are using a browser (not an email client) to access Hotmail, right? What browser? Try a different one to see if there is a difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice