1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Essentials 2011

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by riplag, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. riplag

riplag Thread Starter

I get a pop up that says that I have updates to install. One is Windows Live Essentials 2011. When I try to download it, I get a msg that says: " Couldn't install programs. You already have different build flavor of Windows Live." Then under help I get " \If you want to install this version, first uninstall the version on your computer." I checked and Windows Live Essentials 2011 KB2434419 is listed several times as follows: Failed 10/21, successful 10/21, successful 10/27, successful 10/28. The pop up also has Error: 0x80280008.

If Live is already installed, why do I get an update notice? Do I need to uninstall all the other downloads? I have a folder Windows Live but no sub-folder or other folder that shows Live Essentials. Windows Live shows 30 updates over the last month or so. Do I need to uninstall the Windows Live Program. I have an uninstall program, Revo Uninstaller, that shows a Windows Live Essentials Program. Should I uninstall it? Basically, how many of these should I uninstall? Or how can I get the notice to download to stop appearing?

Thanks!

2. nitin2010

nitin2010

Hi,

would you be able to share the logs for the failure from the following location.
    c:\programdata\microsoft\wlsetup\cablogs\

Please mail this file to me at <removed by moderator for reducing SPAM to email address - use PM the logs can also be loaded as an attachment to the reply> and i will try to see what is going wrong here.

Thanks

3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

I have removed your email - as it will generate a lot of SPAM into your account left on a public forum

4. riplag

riplag Thread Starter

I will try - I am not sure I know what I am doing!

5. riplag

riplag Thread Starter

I found the logs but cannot a file path that I can upload. When I use the URL you gave me, it eventually led back to my computer but I could not find a file name <programdata>. Not sure what else to do! Is there a way I can copy the files and imbed them in this or another reply?

6. nitin2010

nitin2010

Click on "Go Advanced" option while replying . It has option to attach files.

7. riplag

riplag Thread Starter

OK I will try that!

Attached Files:

8. riplag

riplag Thread Starter

There is more more file that should go with the previous msg!

Attached Files:

9. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Just for added information my wife and I got this on our Updates for our Laptops (we each have Win7), and I choose to Hide this update but that is my personal preferrence since I am not and never was crazy about "Bundle" packaging.
    I prefer to download what I want individually. See link below for further information IF you are interested:

http://www.hitsgarden.com/windows-live-essentials-2011/

10. nitin2010

nitin2010

Do the following to fix the issue and install the new Windows live Essentials Wave 4 Suite.
    1)Goto Control Panel/Add-Remove programs
    2)Scroll down the list of installed programs and select "Windows Live Essentials"
    3)Select uninstall and select all the programs to remove.
    4)Now open Microsoft update and check for updates.
    5)Once the check for update is complete you should see the following update in the list of optional updates(make sure you select optional updates)."Windos Live Essentials 2011(KB2434419).
    6)Select the update and run.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

11. nitin2010

nitin2010

12. cfourkays

cfourkays

Wonder why this shows up as an "Update"?
    Are they doing away with Windows Live Mail Version 2009?
    I'm using downloaded version as my email client.
    No instructions about saving any of your files.

13. mel8again

mel8again

You don't need to save anything. Windows Live Mail is being replaced with Windows Live Mail 2011. You don't have to do the update if you don't want to. If you want it, it will be downloaded and installed without harming your mail settings, accounts, etc.

14. cfourkays

cfourkays

Thank you, Mel.
    Only problem with that is when I do the update ittells me I have another "build/flavor". (Flavor???)

Other posts with that problem tell me to uninstall the other version.

15. mel8again

mel8again

I put the new version on three computers that were using Windows Live Mail and didn't have any problems with any of them. You can try the uninstall process if you wish. If you are using Win 7 you go to Programs and Features (not Add & Remove Programs).

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/959098